- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of chocolate
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until it forms into firm peaks.
- Melt the chocolate (I assume you then let it cool a bit so that it’s not boiling hot).
- Stir in egg yolks and vanilla sugar.
- Carefully fold-in the egg whites (easier to do if you fold-in half the whites just until incorporated, then fold in the remaining whites).
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
This recipe looks so simple, I might try it for Christmas. Most chocolate mousse recipes require whipping cream, but this one doesn’t so I suppose it’s healthier. I just need to get some chocolate (I hear chocolate mousse recipes work best with dark chocolate). I’m not sure where I can get vanilla sugar though… Would it be the same thing if I add vanilla extract to regular sugar?